Monday, September 01, 2008

nagfa ambigram challenge (NAC) September 2008

After a considerable long delay, we resume the nagfa ambigram challenge (NAC). This NAC was proposed by our esteemed Guest Challenger, the artist chosen for his design here. Without further ado, we present Daniel Dostal from Poland.
.
"My name is Daniel Dostal and I'm from Poland. My adventure with ambigrams started from the reading of Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". This passion was a natural consequence of my interests in drawing, calligraphy and typography. Academically, I am a historian major, but today I’m working as a visual artist.
.
I would like to thank Nasty Basty for rewarding my work, and Nagfa for their efforts in integrating our small ambigram community.
.
My proposition for this NAC is the theme: “Into the Labyrinth”
Ancient Greek myths about Minotaur, Daedalus – constructor of the labyrinth - and about the love of Ariadne and Theseus were my inspiration for this theme. But not only these myths. This motif appears in the excellent Dead Can Dance album "Into the Labyrinth" and in the fascinating novel of Kate Mosse “Labyrinth” (for all Dan Brown’s fans) I think that this theme is universal and giving a big chance to display our skills. I would like to see all types of ambigrams and wordplays. I’m waiting for your designs. I wish good luck in your work! *After this edition of NAC, for three or four authors of the most excellent designs I would like to prepare ambigrams of their names or nicks.
.
Greetings!
Daniel"
.
Please submit designs to:
hopefully before 15th of October (for allowance for us to compile them before November). Please also include the chosen word for the design, your name (pseudonym allowed), country of origin, and website/blog (if any). *Designers are allowed to send in more than one design/entry...
.
All the best,
Salam,
Nagfa: Naguib & Fadilah
Singapore

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anuar said...

my las participation was on ..mm lets se.. about ten nagfa's challenges ago, but i'm really happy with this theme, if I git it allright, it is about words relationated with "labyrinth", am I right? , I hope I can do at least 3 amgigrams for this time, well I think thats all i'll be waiting to see other ambigramist creations

C,U! from Mexico =)

Anuar

10:09 AM  
Blogger nagfa said...

Hi, Anuar!

Yes, you're right. We'll be looking forward to seeing your designs too.

salam,
nagfa

6:06 PM  
Blogger awangpurba said...

minotaur rocks bro.
i'll c what can i do.

slmt berpuasa bro n sis

11:42 PM  
Blogger Ambiblog said...

Looking forward to participating!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home